Monday, August 8, 2011

What's been Up?!

Abbey and I had to stop biking for the time being because it was just WAY too darn hot to do any type of exertion out doors. This totally trumps my idea to get her in shape before trial season hits. Well, until we went swimming at my friend's of course. That was a lot of fun and I'm considering doing dock diving next year over the summer. That way Abbey stays in good shape year round and keeps cool!! I am very excited about getting into it and I think Abbey is too. She has become extremely consistent with jumping off the edge of the pool and I no longer need to coax her. We will begin biking again once winter rolls along. We may not be participating in very many trials this year as I have lost my job and don't know when I'll be receiving another form of income just yet.

All in all, Abbey is doing really wonderful and continues to blow my mind. She has been doing really well with her drumming, has ALMOST learned to cross her paws and knows how to do some fancy leg exercises to keep those muscles strong.

WARNING, WARNING: we have a tick infestation and I need to call the exterminator ASAP. Not only that I need to call the pet friendly exterminator at Flea Busters. Who am I calling? FLEA BUSTERS (also kills ticks and mosquitos). Seriously, as if enough things weren't wrong with the world. The intense heat that leaves you cooped up inside all day unless you feel like frying your breakfast on the pavement...and now TICKS. These bloodsucking offenders get on my last nerve. After every soak, dip, spray, and preventative imaginable I have just thrown in the towel, people. These little devils just WON'T die!

So now that you are updated on our misfortunes and shortcomings, I ask you wish us luck. I will post pictures when all is well and right in our universe.

Until next time,
The All American Team

No comments: